We offer dental bonding in Hickory, North Carolina, to help you repair your teeth and improve your appearance.
Dental bonding is the process in which a tooth-colored resin material is bonded to a tooth to correct an imperfection. There are many situations where you might benefit from dental bonding, such as:
- Filling a hole (cavity) in a tooth after tooth decay has been removed
- Repairing cracked or chipped teeth
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Changing the shape of the teeth
- Improving the appearance of dull or discolored teeth
- Making very short teeth look longer
- Protecting a portion of a tooth’s root that has been exposed
The process of dental bonding usually requires just one comfortable visit to our office. First, Dr. John McAllister will choose a shade of resin that closely matches your natural teeth. Once the correct color is chosen, he will lightly roughen the surface of the tooth and then apply a conditioning liquid, which will help the resin material bond to the tooth. Your dentist will then apply the tooth-colored resin to the tooth and harden it with a special light. When the material is solid, he will continue to trim and shape it until it fits perfectly with your bite and smile.
To learn more about dental bonding at McAllister Dentistry, please feel free to call us and ask any questions!